Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Egg, Nut, Soy & Refined Sugar Free!
Soon, I will be enjoying those cool mornings sipping on hot coffees, the beautiful long walks that don’t leave me needing to re-shower, football on the t.v. (yes, I enjoy that), the changes in the trees as it gets colder, the promise that the holidays are right around the corner, and the warm fuzzy feeling I get completely engulfed with when I know that dinner has already been thrown into a big pot and slow cooked all day and I can spend the evening relaxing!
I mean, isn’t that every busy from the babies-tired of being in the kitchen today-good thing primal eating gives me all this energy- parents dream? To have a meal practically prepare itself? This is why I truly love fall. I have no shame in whipping out my crock pot and plan on using it wisely and often! You can never have too many slow cooker recipes, so if you have any great recipes to share, please do! Until then, feel free to give this one a whirl and let me know what you think:)
- 1 pork loin
- 1-2 T pure honey
- 1/4 c organic, non sweetened apple butter
- sweet potatoes - or apples- or both!
- Wash, peel and cut sweet potatoes into large chunks.
- Place potatoes in to the bottom of crock pot.
- Lay thawed loin out flat.
- Make slices across loin about halfway through - about 2 inches apart.
- Place loin in crock-pot.
- Drizzle honey over loin and then shake cinnamon over top.
- Rub apple butter all over loin and in slits - with a spoon of course!
- Add about 1/4 inch of water in the bottom of the pot- try not to wash spices and sauce off your loin.
- Secure lid and cook on LOW for 7 hours.